• Diploma-recipient at the Virtuosi 2000 International Festival (St Petersburg, 1994)
• Prize-winner at the I International Sergei Taneyev Chamber Ensembles’ Competition (Kaluga, 2000)
• Prize-winner at the XVIII International Chamber Ensembles’ Competition in Caltanissetta (Italy, 2003)
• Recipient of the Triumph youth award (2004)
• Recipient of the “Best Accompanist” special prize at the VI International Yuri Bashmet Competition (2010)
Ksenia Bashmet was born in 1980 in Moscow. Graduated from the Gnesins’ Specialised Middle School of Music (class of Elena Efrussi and Tatiana Zelikman) and the Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatoire (class of Professor Lev Naumov) where she also completed her postgraduate studies, specialising as an accompanist (class of Senior Lecturer Irina Kirillova) and in chamber music (class of Professor Tigran Alikhanov).
Has appeared at the international festivals Young Stars of the 21st Century (Samara), December Evenings of Sviatoslav Richter, Moscow Autumn, The Return and Ars Longa (Moscow) as well as at festivals in Rolandseck (Germany), Tours (France), Verbier (Switzerland), Tanglewood (USA) and Elba (Italy).
Has given concerts in Europe, Japan, the USA and Israel at venues including Tokyo Opera City Concert Hall, Vienna’s Musikverein and the Beethoven Hall among others. Has performed with such chamber ensembles as the Moscow Soloists, New Russia and the Russian Chamber Orchestra of London as well as the philharmonic orchestras of Sochi, Tolyatti, Samara, Krasnoyarsk and Voronezh. Has appeared with outstanding musicians including Yuri Bashmet, Saulius Sondeckis, Gidon Kremer, Natalia Gutman, Viktor Tretyakov, Alexander Knyazev and Boris Andrianov.
Has recorded two discs on the Quartz label, the second of which – Michael Nyman: The Piano Collection – was named “Disc of the Week” by Great Britain’s Classic FM magazine.